No burger week? no problem
If you, like me, are besides themselves with nostalgia from the previous Visa Burger Week,please find comfort in knowing that you are not alone. Be encouraged in knowing that you can recreate your very own burger week. With a pull of friends, you can decide to have a lovely burger potluck weekend outdoors.
We have started you off with a simple recipe for one burger. Rally your friends around designing their own, bring them out to review. Share with us photos and reviews and we may just publish them.
Quick fix Beef and bean burgers
● 1 small onion
● 210 gram of red kidney beans, washed and rinsed
● 250 gram beef lean meat
● Wholemeal breadcrumbs from one slice of bread
● 2 tsp mild chili to taste (optional)
● 1 egg beaten
● 1 tbsp tomato puree.
● 1 large tomato, sliced
● 1 red onion sliced
● Lettuce leaves
● 4 wholemeal rolls.
- Chop the onions in a food processor, add the beans, mincemeat, breadcrumbs, chili (optional), beaten egg and tomato puree and mix again.
- Shape the mixture into four patties and chill until ready to barbecue.
- Barbecue for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Serve in the rolls with sliced onion, tomato and lettuce leaves.
30 minutes prep and cook time
Serves 4 people